Let’s have a pizza party and talk about life, okay? Sometimes all you need is a cozy movie sesh with your bestest friends and a big ol slice of pizza. (or 2) Ain’t nothing wrong with that! My favorite meal to make when friends come over is pizza and salad. SO EASY and SO FUN. I love to have a million different toppings all chopped up and laid out so everyone can put on their favorites, and then have their own individual pizzas topped to perfection. Have some friends over, make some pizzas, grab a bottle of wine (maybe..) and host a girls night in!
Sweet and salty, man. The mac to the cheese, the peanut butter to the jam, and the key to my heart, always. Sweet fig and balsamic reduction with salty prosciutto. PERFECTION. Sweet bbq sauce and pineapple with savory chicken and red onion. WINNER. These are my absolute favorite combinations and why choose one when you can do both? I mean look at that, does it get any better?
As most of you know, gluten free pizza crust (and I mean goooood pizza crust) can be extremely hard to find. I’ve had my fair share of crust that tastes like cardboard, trust me. For this recipe, I tested out the Simple Mills Pizza Crust Mix and what I tasted was absolute perfection! It’s magically doughy, slightly crunch on the outside, and is the closest thing to real glutenous pizza that I’ve had in 8 years. Bonus points for being paleo friendly! It’s on the pricey side, but the ingredients are so minimal and clean, it’s a treat you can feel good about putting into your body.
I hope you give these pizza combos a try and let me know what you think! What are your favorite pizza toppings? Are you sweet and savory or straight traditional?
Fig Prosciutto & Hawaiian BBQ Pizza
Simple Mills Pizza Crust Mix
- your favorite bbq sauce
- minced garlic
- shredded mozzarella cheese, dairy free if needed
- chopped chicken breast, precooked
- red onion
- cilantro, for topping
Fig & Prosciutto:
- drizzle of olive oil
- sliced mozzarella cheese, dairy free if needed
- sliced figs
- prosciutto, torn into small pieces
- red pepper flakes, for topping
- balsamic reduction, for topping
- drizzle of raw honey, for topping
- Prepare Simple Mills Pizza Crust Mix (or other package mix) according to package directions.
- After crust has been prebaked, load up one crust with the Hawaiian BBQ pizza toppings and the other with the Fig and Prosciutto pizza toppings.
- Finish baking until crust is cooked through and cheese is melted.
- Top the Hawaiian BBQ pizza with chopped fresh cilantro and sprinkle red pepper flakes and a drizzle of balsamic reduction and honey over the Fig and Prosciutto pizza.
- Serve it up & enjoy!